Thursday, May 6, 2010

Before I Die- Blog One

"I don't care how old you are.This book will not leave you"
-New York Times Book Review




Everyone has to die.We all know it.
With only a few months of life left, sixteen-year old Tessa knows better than most.
Shes made a list,though-ten things she wants to do before she dies.Number one is sex. Starting tonight.
But getting what you want isn't easy.And getting what you want doesn't always give you what you need.And sometimes the most unexpected things become important.


Tessa has been suffering from cancer almost all her life,since she was 10,and the doctor have given up hope.They have told her there is nothing left they can do,and have given her an estimate of up to a year left .But it all goes downhill when the cancer spreads to her nerves and spine,making it worse than the doctor predicted.Now with only a couple months left to live,Tessa is getting more and more sick.She spends her time laying in bed,and moping around,driving her family crazy.She constantly thinks about her death,and everything she is going to miss when shes gone. "The trees, purple ribbon,Cal's magic tricks,everything red,apples,birds,moms laugh,the stars"
But this is not how Tessa wants to spend her last days on earth, " How long can i stave it off? I don't know.All i know is that i have two choices-stay wrapped up in blankets and get on with dying, or get the list back together and get on with living."
Tessa has created a list of 10 things she wants to do before she dies.From having sex,which was her number one and the first thing she completed on her list,to doing drugs,and stealing her dads car.But it seems like all she is doing is getting herself into more trouble.She gets arrested for stealing,and ends up in the hospital for jumping in a freezing lake.Zoey,Tessa's best friend,and only friend, has promised to help Tessa finish her list,but it seems that bad things keep happening to Tessa while Zoeys there. Now there are bigger problem,"Something is definitely up with Zoey.She is not acting normal,shes moody,she looks like a mess,and she keeps crying,i don't even remember every seeing Zoey cry,not even when i told her about my diagnosis"
"I'm pregnant,OK, your not the only one with problems and a messed up life" Zoey explains to Tessa one night on the beach.What is she going to do,what are they going to do? Tessa wonders if shell be there when the baby is born,she wonders if shell even make it to Christmas?

If you knew you only had one day left to live how would you feel? What would you do?Whats the one thing you have always wanted to do,but never have?

9 comments:

  1. If I knew I only had one day to live, I would spend that day with family and close friends. People that love me, and that I love. There is nothing better than being surrounded by the people that you love. The one thing that I have always wanted to do before I die would be go skydiving. Its something that I have always wanted to do since I was little and still plan on doing in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i found out that I only had one day left to live, I would feel so down at the beggining, knowing that my life is almost over for sure. But soon after I would take advantage of it by travelling to Spain, going on the Nou Camp stadium and play soccer on it with my family until i dropped dead. and then I would hope to be cremated and have my family lay my ashes across the field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i knew i had only one day to live i would make sure its the greatest day of my life, i would do things i would never think twice of doing and make sure that i know i leave this world completed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the sake of the one day, i would make it one that i would never forget. i would visit all and any and spend time with those i miss and will always miss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If i only had one day to live i would feel like shit because i knew that my lifes is going to be over before i know it.I would travel the world till i die. I always want to play in the statumdi of light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I knew that I only had one day left to live I would try to think of all the good things in my life and all the great memories. I would want to spend the rest of time on earth doing the things I love and with the people I love. One thing that I would want to do is travel to Europe, and live in New York

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I only had one day to live, I would feel like crap but then again live it amazingly. I would go to England and watch my favorite team Chelsea FC play. The one thing that I always wanted to do is going play on the pitch of Chelsea FC which is called Stamford Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I only had one day to live, I would the wild and crazy things that I have always wanted to do. I would spend time with those I love, and would miss the most. The one thing that I want to do before I die is to go on a road trip around the country

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having only one day to live, I'd make it full on action packed. I'd want to try sky-diving, which would probably scare me half to death! Then I'd definitely want to surf at some of the greatest beaches in the world, and have a big beach bonfire with all my friends and family cooking marshmallows all night long. awesome!

    ReplyDelete