Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blog # 3 :)

The sound of a bird flying low across the garden.Then nothing.Nothing.A cloud passes.Nothing again.Light falls through the window,falls onto me,into me.

Moments.

All gather towards this one.



This book is based on a young girl,Tessa,who is 16.She is suffering from cancer,almost all her life.It has limited her from almost everything.From going to school,having friends,eating normal foods,even thinking and planning for the future.She hasn't had it easy,every day is like a struggle.A struggle to survive;survive a blood transfusion,survive a bleeding nose or not being able to breathe.Each and every morning she waked up,not knowing whats going to happen,what the world holds for her today.This could be very stressful and hard to handle.You could imagine all the problems that could come with this disease,the list goes on.She is limited to everything,and spends many hours wasted in the hospital.But throughout all this,Tessa always manages to keep a outgoing strong attitude, she can be allot to handle for most but for those than can handle it think shes caring and funny.This keeps her moving and living,not allowing herself to fall apart and waist whatever time she has left moping in bed.She wants to spend her days living,finishing her list,doing everything she has time and energy to do.And although she does not manage to complete everything on her list,she does leave the world happy.Her parents are back together,hes best friend is healthy and happy,and her boyfriend,who she loves with all her heart is by her side,keeping his promise,not leaving her side till she's gone,even then he will never forget her.

Adam met Tessa when she was far along in her disease,and knew she didnt have much time left.At first he only wanted to be friends, but tessa wanted more.So they started to date. If you knew that the person you where interested in was very sick and dying,would you continue to date them, knowing perfectly well they where dying,and it would be harder for you to let them go when you started to love them than now? or would you stay with them, and make whatever time they had left the best it can be?

6 comments:

  1. Well if i was by my partners side from the beginning i would for sure stay. Leaving the realationship would cause problems and i could not live with myself not knowing how things are going. It would be easier to leave because it would put less stress on me, but i think my emotions would go crazy if i did leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I would want to stay with them, because I know that it would break their heart and it would cause more troubles. But I dont think I would be able to watch them go through pain. If I wasnt interested in them then I wouldnt start dating them in the first place, but I still would be friends with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definately stay with the person that I was interested in if they were dying because I would want to spend as much time with them as possible before they passed and I wouldn't want to make them upset by leaving them, it isn't their fault that they are sick. It would obviously get harder to realize that they weren't going to be with me much longer the more I got to know them and as I got closer to them but in the end, the time that I did spend with them would be amazing and worth it. Its better to make the best of what you have then live life wondering if you made the wrong decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would stay with the person because if i was interested in them them, then i would spend as much time as i could with them and make sure that the moments that we spent together are good one's. Also i wouldn't want to break their heart and them watch them suffer. it would be hard to let them go in the long run but it would be worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would most certainly stay with the person that I was very much interested in. To me it wouldn't matter. I would actually most definietly not even think about leaving them because more than ever knowing that they were dying I would want to spend as much time with them as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very tough question... If I foundthis wonderful girl and we started to become close I wouldn't let that go. I would continue to date them and make there last years on this earth the best anyone could ever experience. I wouldn't care how much, or how long it would take I would make the best of our time together.I would stay with them until their last breath.

    ReplyDelete